In 2020, make the organizational goal to reduce the number of passwords that your end-users need to remember or keep secure.
One method for accomplishing this goal is by deploying single sign-on (SSO). SSO allows end-users the ability to authenticate once and be subsequently authenticated into all other applications provisioned to them. Utilizing SSO cuts down on the number of passwords that employees need to manage as they are provided the ability to use one set of credentials to access many applications or sites.
As a bonus – deploying SSO in your LastPass Enterprise account is straightforward, as LastPass is pre-integrated with over 1,200 applications!
To add SSO to your organization, consider the following:
- Identify SSO applications: Identify the applications that you want to add to SSO. Consider adding applications such as email, HR portals, collaboration tools, customer relationship managers (CRMs), expense applications, etc. Good application candidates for a single sign-on tend to be applications used widely in the organization.
- Determine if an application supports SAML or LDAP protocols: Evaluate your list and determine if each application supports the SAML or LDAP protocols. Not all applications are compatible with SSO, so a few may drop off the list due to the applications SSO readiness.
- Note: For applications not compatible with SSO, LastPass password management has you covered. Enterprise password management stores credentials for every application, regardless of whether those applications support the protocols or not.
- Check out the LastPass App Catalog: Any application that supports SAML or LDAP protocols can be supported with LastPass SSO. LastPass is also pre-integrated with over 1,200 applications. Compare your list verse the LastPass App Catalog to see which applications are pre-integrated with LastPass and which applications are custom.
- Add SSO Applications: Now that you have your list, begin the process of adding each application to LastPass SSO. Find step-by-step instructions for adding each SSO application here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/add-lastpass-sso-apps.
For more information, watch our recent Master Class on Setting up Single Sign-On here: https://lp.logmeininc.com/LPMasterClass2019-10-30_TY