Now You Can Get Started on Your Phone, FREE!

We’re excited to announce that new users can get started with LastPass for free, on any device, including mobile devices! You can then upgrade to LastPass Premium to enjoy unlimited sync across all your devices.

Now, if you get started with LastPass on your Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone, you’ll have completely free access from your smartphone, and can even sync across smartphones for free. The same is true for tablets, if that’s where you get started.

We want to ensure that LastPass is accessible for all users, including mobile-only users who need help managing their passwords and apps. Wherever you get started, you can use LastPass on that device, and any others of the same device type – desktops, smartphones, or tablets – for free!

For the convenience and peace of mind of unlimited sync, you can then sign up for Premium and access your passwords on any device, at any time, including all desktops, smartphones, and tablets.

Current free and Premium users can continue using LastPass without any changes, while new LastPass users can choose where they want to get started for free. If you’ve just signed up for LastPass from your smartphone or tablet, and therefore started a Premium trial of the app, the trial will be cancelled and you’ll be able to continue with a free account on that device and any other device of the same type.

Say hello to the new LastPass.

Here’s how the new model works:

LastPass Free

Enjoy LastPass for free on unlimited desktops OR unlimited smartphones OR unlimited tablets – wherever you get started. The same awesome password manager features are available to help you manage your logins and apps, organize your digital life, and improve your security online. Learn more.

LastPass Premium: $12 / year

LastPass Premium is built around convenience and always having your passwords with you, on the go. To get the most out of your password manager, go Premium for unlimited sync across all devices. With Premium, you have access to a Shared Folder to conveniently share passwords with others. Also, add another layer of protection with Premium multifactor options, and get priority customer support. Learn more.

LastPass Enterprise: $24 / year / user

LastPass Enterprise solves the password and Access Management problem for teams big and small. We offer a centralized, cost-effective and secure platform combining robust password vaulting tools and cloud Single Sign-On. With a unified Admin Console, AD integration, automated provisioning, and Shared Folders with customized permissions, LastPass Enterprise has all the tools your team needs to manage employee access and enforce a meaningful password security policy. Learn more.

If you get started on your mobile device and then want to try out LastPass on your desktop, you can activate your free 14-day trial of the Premium service. During the trial, you can enjoy unlimited sync across unlimited devices and access LastPass on any of your desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.

LastPass will continue to evolve as technology shapes the world around us. We’re excited to make LastPass available to more people, and help them get started with secure password management. Online life is just easier – and safer – with LastPass!

Just updated to version 3.2.20 on Firefox and I get this “Try Lastpass Enterprise” message inside the popup. I have no use for Enterprise version, and I’m already a Premium user. How do I turn that off? Please don’t tell me it’s not possible, I don’t want ads showing in my paid version. Thanks!

Reply from myself: I went ahead and opened a support ticket regarding this. Apparently there is going to be a fix for this on the next release. Can’t come soon enough!

Thanks at LastPass Support

Yes, our latest update to the extension has an option to x out of this. Thanks for the feedback, we wanted to increase awareness of our service that can help teams, too – thanks for using LastPass Premium!

• Ken Austin says:

I currently have Lastpass on my desktop computer. I have been using last pass for several years. do I need to pay the premium price if I install it on my phone and my tablet or am i exempt because I already have LastPass.

Yes, using LastPass on your phone and tablet will require LastPass Premium. You can continue on desktops for free, but unlimited sync across all device types (desktop, smartphone, & tablet) requires the LastPass Premium upgrade. We hope you upgrade: https://lastpass.com/premium.php and enjoy the service!

• a says:

You guys said you can use Last pass for free on phone and then you say you have to be premium? WTF
    If I have to be premium then it’s not really free.

Can you please make an iOS app like this because i have an iPhone 5s!!!! :/ :( it’s NOT FAIR to make one for Android people without knowing that we need it too on other side as iPhone users. Thanks anyway!

• MichaelS says:

How can I drop the free mobile access and transfer it to desktop access? Maybe I started in mobile, I honestly don’t remember, but I’ve never really used it on mobile, just desktop. Could care less about mobile. Also, would have appreciated a notice on this. It’s been a pain today. Maybe I’ll just dump the passwords into the browser functionality and forget about lastpass. The browser syncs just fine.

MS

• Cyril says:

Same here, I go on vacation, I come back to work, no LastPass,. That’s not cool. I am told I have mobile version, but I never could use it on my mobile phone so I only use it as a Desktop user. Not cool LastPass. How do I switch to Desktop use now?!

• Steve D. says:

Ditto. Tried the mobile years ago but decided I only needed desktop, now can’t access any of my passwords from the desktop. I opened a support ticket with LastPass on the 11th asking to convert my account from mobile to desktop but haven’t heard anything back. Very frustrating.

• anatoly says:

Please contact support via https://lastpass.com/supportticket.php, and they will switch you over.

• Jay says:

What if someone made their account on a smartphone with a trial then moved to desktop afterwards. With this they would suddenly have a mobile only account for free but that not be what they have been using LP on.

I’m guessing that is my case as I only use LP on desktop but now keep being told i have a mobile for free only account.