LastPass Service Interruptions

Service Interruption Update

5/28/15

On Wednesday afternoon, we observed an increase in latency in one of our datacenters. This was tracked to I/O spikes on one of our databases.  We started seeing drive errors and began replacing the affected drives. During this same period, several other servers went down at once and one did not recover.  We suspect this was due to a brief power issue but are continuing to investigate. We immediately remediated the issues and estimate that the ultimate connectivity impact was to the web-based features of our service for approximately 25% of our users.

Although these circumstances were unusual, we are actively taking steps to further increase our resiliency moving forward. As always, our customers are our first priority and we apologize for any inconvenience this downtime may have caused.

5/27/15

On Wednesday, May 27th, LastPass experienced some intermittent connectivity issues on LastPass.com.  As of 4:21pm EST, all users have full access to their LastPass accounts online.

Remember, you always have access to your locally stored vault via your extension or mobile app in offline mode.

We will report back as soon as possible as to the reason for the outage.  We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

• Debbie says:

Update….I can log in to LastPass from the LastPass website and it functions properly.
    When I log on through Safari LastPass shows that I am logged on but does not respond.
    LastPass has functioned through Safari normally until 5/26. I had changed nothing in Safari.

• Debbie says:

I am still having issues. LastPass is not responding. I have logged in and LastPass shows that I am logged in but nothing works. I log out and it shows I am logged out. These are the only responses LastPass appears to respond to.

• Issues says:

I’m still having trouble logging in!

• rwizard says:

Lastpass has a good history of being transparent and proactive in these matters, and I hope (expect) that this will continue. To paraphrase Willy Sutton, Lastpass gets attacked because “that’s where the passwords are”. I went through quite a lot yesterday because of this. I was having a hard time proving to myself that the problem was not on my end. I finally went out and bought a cheap Chromebook and used it on my cell phone’s hotspot to provide a known clean reference. For what it is worth, Lastpass is now working just fine on that Chrome system, so those having problems Chrome browsers, perhaps a re-install would help? When I was concerned that the cause might be malware on my network, the one comfort I had was that I use Yubikey, reducing the chance that my information could be breached. It is nice to know that it takes more than a password to get in. In the meantime, the Chromebook goes into storage until the next crisis. I finally figured out what Chromebooks are good for! ; P

• Erin Styles says:

Glad to hear everything is working as expected now. So sorry for the inconvenience!

• tudor Eynon says:

It is not working at all right for me today or yesterday: that is May 30th. My vault won’t open from the Safari plug in and other weird glitches. Done all ‘the usual’; something is wrong at your end I am pretty sure.

• lloyd says:

plugin on chrome still not working. Uninstalled and reinstalled. No luck since yesterday.

• Terry Nguyen says:

You should have full access to your account online. If you’re still experiencing problems, please submit a support ticket detailing the steps you took and what version of LastPass for Chrome you’re running so we can best assist you in resolving the problems.

Submit a support ticket here: https://lastpass.com/supportticket.php

• Ben says:

lastpass.com access and plugin on chrome still not working
    May 28, 8:30am EST.

Blog says all is working, but it clearly isn’t.