Though it’s hard to believe, 2014 is now firmly behind us and 2015 is well under way. That’s why we’re taking a moment to celebrate our successes in 2014, and share our excitement as we roll up our sleeves and get to work on all that we want to accomplish in the new year.
2014 was an eventful year in cyber security, to say the least. While we are constantly looking to protect our users from vulnerabilities and breaches, the team was also hard at work adding features and improving the user experience across all platforms. Over the past year, we:
- Removed the homework of updating your passwords with Auto-Password Change.
- Released an app for iOS 8 introducing Touch ID support and a LastPass Safari extension.
- Expanded the Android app features to natively fill web and app logins.
- Added biometric fingerprint authentication for Android and iOS.
- Open-sourced the Command Line Application allowing you to access, add, and modify entries in your LastPass vault from the terminal.
- Joined the RSA Ready Technology Partner Program, with RSA SecurID as a second factor of authentication with LastPass Enterprise.
- Expanded the LastPass Enterprise Single Sign-On service and we continue to take requests for more apps.
- Added autoprovisioning to LastPass Enterprise SAML SSO, simplifying management of users across different services.
- Improved the Active Directory Sync Client to support provisioning and management processes with LastPass Enterprise.
And on the backend, we continued to improve performance and stay ahead of the curve when it comes to security. All that’s to say, we’re proud of our accomplishments in 2014 and we’re more dedicated than ever to improving the LastPass experience.
We’re now proudly supporting 6 million users and 10,000 companies. Not only did our community grow, but we moved into new headquarters as our team grew bigger, too. (Be sure to check out our open positions if you or someone you know wants to join us in our mission!)
Now we’re looking ahead and making plans to change more lives. Even though we’ve had tremendous growth, there are still millions of people struggling with passwords. We’re working tirelessly to reach them, to improve their online experience and help them better protect their identity by introducing them to password management with LastPass. We’re on a mission to make online life easier and more secure for everyone, one password at a time – and we hope you’ll join us.
In 2015, we’re dedicated to:
- Enhancing the mobile experience. We believe you should always have access to your important information, anywhere and everywhere you are. And it should be easy to get to, at any time. By improving the mobile experience and looking for more ways to develop natively on mobile platforms, we can help you get things done faster.
- Streamlining your workflow. Though having a password manager certainly makes it easier to login to your accounts, we’re not stopping there. We’re looking at how we can make the password experience overall more seamless, so it’s as invisible as possible when you go online. We’ll be working hard to mold the LastPass experience to the native platforms you use and how you like to work.
- Expanding your security. It probably goes without saying that security is our number one priority, but in 2015 we’ll be looking to expand security options and continue to look for new security partners. As the threats you face continue to evolve, we’ll remain vigilant and work to help you mitigate risks in your online life.
- Exploring emerging technologies. With so many breaches in 2014, multifactor authentication was more widely recommended as a critical step in securing your accounts online. We’re committed to further exploring biometric authentication, more multifactor authentication options, and staying ahead of the curve to bring you the best cyber security technology available.
We’re excited to forge ahead on these projects. Thank you, as always, to our community for your support as we continue to work to make LastPass better for you.
Happy New Year,
Joe & The LastPass Team