LastPass 3.0 Is Here: New Design, New Features!

30_RGB
Excited doesn’t begin to express how we feel about introducing LastPass 3.0. Our new release features an updated, clean design across the LastPass browser addons, the iOS and Android mobile apps, and our website itself. We’ve worked hard to make LastPass easier to use and less intrusive.

Highlights from LastPass 3.0 include:

• Revamped user experience and user interface
  • Field icon menus for easy access to logins and LastPass tools
  • A Shared Family Folder for up to 5 users
  • Expanded Shared Folder features for LastPass Enterprise
  • A revamped LastPass for Applications
  • Secure Note history, to track changes to your notes
  • Windows 8.1 support
  • and more

New Design, New Experience

In LastPass 3.0, we’ve changed the way LastPass notifies and interacts with you. LastPass focuses more on the website’s fields, so there are less steps to get what you need. We’re also phasing out the notification bars at the top of the browser.

A clickable icon now appears on the website’s fields. The LastPass field icon is dynamic, showing you options that match what you would want to do with that field. If it’s a login form, you’ll see your matching logins for that site.

If you don’t have any logins stored for that site, LastPass will ask if you want to save it:

If it’s a “create password” field, you’ll see the Password Generator:

If it’s a shopping form, you’ll see your Profiles:

The field icon menu expands so you can quickly access all the main LastPass features:

The LastPass browser addon menu has been simplified, and we’ve added immediate access to search, so you can quickly find the sites and notes you need:

The vault has also been updated to reflect the new look and feel:

Improved Mobile Experience

The Premium mobile apps for Android and iOS now have a “browser-forward experience”, meaning the browser is integrated with the vault for easy site searching and launching. The vault on both platforms is easily searchable, where you can add, edit, and update your passwords at a moment’s notice.

The LastPass browser now has quicker access to your logins and Profiles. You can add sites easily, generate new passwords quickly, and enjoy a more seamless mobile experience overall.

LastPass Shared Family Folder

We’ve streamlined sharing for our users. LastPass Premium users can now use a Shared Family Folder with up to 5 family members to manage and access joint accounts. Each LastPass user can be added to the Shared Family Folder, and the logins or notes can then be dragged-and-dropped into the Shared Folder.

Updates are then kept in sync across all users sharing the folder. See our full article in the user manual for how to get started; only the user creating the folder needs to have LastPass Premium.

Updates for LastPass Enterprise

LastPass Enterprise administrators can now give Shared Folder access to non-Enterprise LastPass users. Up to 3, non-Enterprise users can be given access to any Enterprise Shared Folder. The new functionality is particularly useful for those who may need to give contractors or part-time employees temporary access to sites. LastPass for Applications has also received a number of improvements.

We’re Thrilled to Reach Another Milestone!

We are so thrilled to share LastPass 3.0 with our community. We hope you enjoy the clean design and less intrusive experience. As always, we owe a big “thank you” to our community for your continued support. We’re committed to the ongoing improvement of our service, and strive to  provide a great experience for our users. Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Thanks,
The LastPass Team

FAQs

How do I disable the “ticker” in the icon?
From the LastPass Icon > Preferences >  Notifications, uncheck the “Show Matching Sites Count in Toolbar” option.

How do I move my matching sites list back to the main icon menu?
In the LastPass Icon > Preferences > Advanced, select the Show matching sites in top level menu” option.

Can I go back to the old notification bars?
First, be sure that you’re clicking the icons that now appear in your username and password fields to try to enter your data. If you’ve tested it and you don’t like clicking the field icons, you can enable the old notification bars in the LastPass Icon >  Preferences > Notifications, and disable the field icons from there. We’d appreciate specific feedback so we can keep fine-tuning our new release.

• sharing411 says:

Where is the LastPass star? Supposed to click it when I log into a website to have that website added to my vault???

• is it true that all my passwords sit in lastpass server?
    thanks

• tom sayer says:

MENUDESIGN Design a edifice menu once all? Not several feel that a chunk of paper containing the list of things being served needs a lot of a trial.

• Shane says:

I would appreciate an app update for the BlackBerry PlayBook.

• Robbert54 says:

Eeeehh I can’t find it anywhere but do I have to write over all my passwords into the new “last pass” or are my existing passwords automaticly taken over into the new “last pass”?

I hate the new interface.

There are now multiple mouse clicks to log in to sites, even if there’s only one account recorded in LastPass. It used to show a cool bar across the top of the screen with “Autologin”, now I have to click *, Show Matching Sites (1), Click the site name, click autofill … that’s four mouse clicks, and the menus appear all over the screen first down, then left, then right … it’s so utterly random and stupid.

Sticking a massive ‘account creation’ dialog box below a form field is also really dumb. Try creating an account on https://id.auspost.com.au/csso/login/register on a laptop screen (900 pixels high) and you’ll see why – the LastPass dialog displays below the non-scrollable window, you can’t see the ‘save site’ button.

This update is absolutely horrible, please undo it. I want everything back to normal and usable.

• Colby W. says:

I absolutely hate the new last pass. So far issues keep popping up left and right.

1. Last pass doesn’t fill in anything of the fields, have to use the Icon in chrome and go through steps to get it to fill in.
    2. Blocks me for typing in certain fields. Asus router’s LAN page I was unable to type in IP address until Last Pass was disabled.
    3. It’s not longer user friendly or saves me time.

Uninstalled and moved on to another password manager. I hope you guys can resolve these issues as Last Pass WAS amazing, now its total garbage.

• Patrik says:

“Safari (Mac):
    Ensure that you are running Safari 5+
    In Safari, download this file – https://lastpass.com/lastpass.safariextz
    If it does not auto-prompt for install, go to your downloads and double-click the lastpass.safariextz file to manually run the install.”

This does not work for me. I get to the pop-up box asking me to Install or Do not install. After clicking Install nothing happens. Nada, zero, zip. Firefox works great but not Safari.

Any ideas?

I don’t want a seamless vault that people borrowing my phone will see.
    I want lastpass basically hidden and seen only when I want it there.

Have you no brains at all? Are you so in love with yourselves and your product that you forget why people use it?

“Revamped user experience and user interface
    Field icon menus for easy access to logins and LastPass tools
    A Shared Family Folder for up to 5 users
    Expanded Shared Folder features for LastPass Enterprise
    A revamped LastPass for Applications
    Secure Note history, to track changes to your notes
    Windows 8.1 support
    and more”

I didn’t need or want any of this bucko.
    I needed some bugs fixed in Chrome that you haven’t fixed.
    I didn’t need new bugs and a new interface.
    Take your new interface and jam it. It was a complete waste of effort.

• spamazoid says:

the android app or browsers don’t seem to accept a valid Master Password, i have a text file on the phone with the correct password (it is correct cause it works on my main desktop PC) anyway copying and pasting or typing the correct password still comes up with invalid password everytime. I could extend this to my laptop too, the password doesn’t always accept

Absolutely hate the new version. Takes extra clicks to sign in when you have multiple accounts at a site. Looks terrible, especially in Chrome. Everything is more difficult to use. Thank god I only upgraded on one computer.

Hi, I am a web designer and now I cant style forms due to these new annoying icons being on them even when logged out, how to turn them off please?

• Automan says:

We have an input field with a background image, see http://www.onderdelenzoeker.nl. There should be a yellow licenseplate above next to Auto: . With the new Lastpass this background images dissappear and made our site allmost useless. What’s the solution for this?