Master Those Complicated Logins with “Save All Entered Data”

Did you know that there are over 600 million websites on the Internet, with over 50 million added in the last year alone? That’s a lot of information – and a lot of potential usernames and passwords!

Although LastPass is designed to efficiently save your logins for the majority of websites, it’s inevitable that a few prevent LastPass from properly auto-saving your credentials.

There are three common reasons why LastPass is not able to save your credentials:

1. Extra security: Bank and financial websites have added security measures, including preventing auto-filling of data, requiring keystrokes before data can be entered, and more. They’re designed to prevent malicious activity but also make it hard for LastPass to appropriately detect and fill your logins.
  2. Additional form fields: Sometimes LastPass will pick up extra fields on a page that will complicate the login process, or LastPass can’t detect additional fields that you do want it to save and fill.
  3. Multi-page logins: Websites may prompt you for your username or email address on one page, then after you submit that information will ask for your password or code on the second page, which LastPass cannot always string together.

We continue to work to improve our accuracy on common types of login forms, but if you run into any of these obstacles, you should try our “Save All Entered Data” feature. This feature force-saves any fields filled in on a login page, giving LastPass better accuracy next time you are logging in to the site.

To use Save All Entered Data:

1. Login to your LastPass account via the browser addon.
  2. Go to the website whose login you need to force-save with “Save All Entered Data”.
  3. On the login page, fill in your credentials (username, email address, password, etc) but do not press login.
  4. Click the LastPass Icon and select the “Save All Entered Data” option at the bottom of the menu.
  5. Confirm the information in the save site dialog.
  6. Once saved, when you return to the login page LastPass should fill the data for you.You can also “force-fill” the login from the LastPass notification bar, or from the LastPass icon by selecting the site name at the bottom of the menu and then clicking “autofill”.

Our video tutorial shows this feature in action:

• Anonymous says: has a pretty secure login process. It asks for the username on one page and the password prompt on the next page has a virtual keyboard to enter the numeric PIN and while it offers a keyboard option which presents a text box to type in the password, clipboard paste using Ctrl-V is disabled.

Any idea how to get LP to do its thing here? Thanks

I have the same question… any solutions to this?

Tried for hours to figure this one out with no success. This was my first experience with LastPass, and will probably be my last. What a disappointment. If it can’t work for my bank it’s useless to me.

We’re sorry to hear that, we’d like to take a closer look if you can submit details to the team here: including which browser and OS you’re using, and steps you’ve already taken.

• Two Wheeler says:

I’m also just trying out LastPass for the first time and it looks like the keypad presses on the CapitalOne360 pin pad get translated into a unique sequence of letters for that particular login instance. The next time I go to the page, I type in the same pin number, but a different sequence of letters are generated underneath. I’m assuming this is why LastPass has an issue with the CapitalOne360 login. As was suggested by Amber, I’ll go ahead and submit a ticket to the support team to see if anything else can be done. Other than that though, LastPass does seem pretty good!

• Heartborne says:

This is actually really useful, I use it quite often myself.

The big issue for me is that the “save all entered data” prompt doesn’t allow you to UNCHECK or REMOVE fields that are not necessary. One has to go in the Vault, again, and remove the unnecessary fields one by one (sometimes over 10 different fields), this process is really boring, tedious and not user-friendly at all.
    Please add the option (like it has when you are editing a specific entry in the Vault) to remove fields that you don’t want to use, when you are “saving all entered data”.

Will this work for my credit union website that uses flash on the log in page?

I’m not clear on that either!

• Unknown says:

Thanks. I never knew what that was for.

• Grant Garber says:

So I am still confused after reading this post. Can I save a password and username that are on different pages, or not? This post didn’t really make it clear, unless I am just missing something.

• Amber says:

Yes, you’ll need to use Save All Entered Data once on the username page, then again on the password page, and LastPass should then be able to correctly fill the data on each page when you next login to the site.

Sweet! You guys rock!