LastPass for Windows 8 Gets an Update!

By November 1, 2012 Product Updates 22 Comments

An update to the LastPass Windows 8 app has been published to the Windows Store and is now available for download!

As we promised previously, we’ve added a number of improvements, including:

• A favorites folder in the vault
  • The password generator
  • Support for password reprompt settings for editing and filling sites
  • Improved appearance of the master password reprompt dialog
  • A “do not prompt” option to the master password reprompt dialog
  • Adding the appbar to the browser, with a more obvious way to return to the vault and log out
  • Automatically showing the appbar for new accounts, to guide you on what to do next
  • A warning on login if caps lock is on
  • A server-side change to enable shared folders and linked personal accounts for Enterprise users

In addition to reviewing initial feedback from users, we’ve also implemented a number of minor improvements and fixes, such as a parsing error reported by some new users and a fix for type-to-search activating when master password reprompt dialog is showing

What do you think of the update? Let us know in the comments below – and be sure to leave a review in the app store!

• When I’m in the IE10 app and go to a login screen of a site that has been saved in Lastpass, the auto login doesn’t work. Am I doing something wrong or does Lastpass only work in the Lastpass browser? It worked fine in IE9. Should I be using the desktop version of IE10 in Windows 8 rather that the app? Thanks for your help.

• Anatoly_LP says:

The modern IE10 does not support plugins, so we can not integrate directly with it. To get auto-fill, you either have to use the built-in browser in the LastPass app, or use it on the desktop version with the LastPass plugin.

• Claudiu says:

awesome! Thanks LastPass!

Will this fix an issue i see with the LastPass app on WinRT, where i get an error when logging in because i have the two-factor authentication turned on (but have set it so that mobile apps can over ride this – works fine on the iOS app)? I dont really want to disable this and would prefer it if the app could bypass it, like on iOS.

• Amber says:

Unfortunately we only support YubiKey and Google Authenticator with the LastPass app on WinRT, in the future we will likely try to set it up to bypass that limitation similar to mobile – unfortunately I don’t have an ETA on when that may be pushed out.

• Love it – Can’t live with-out LastPass. Have Win RT and Win 8 Pro . . . would like stronger RT support. Looking good! Thank you for keeping up so quickly.

• Дончо says:

I only have Win 8 Enterprise so far, but I’d like to ask if LastPass works on the tablets with Win RT? This is one of the most “must have” plugins, which I’ll be missing on IE10 on Win RT, so you’ll make my day, if you can confirm, that you somehow made it working :).

Keep up the good work, I’m premium customer for more than 2 years, and I really, really like your work!

• Henry Holmes says:

It’s really exciting that LastPass is making a strong effort to establish an integrated presence on Windows 8. I use LastPass for all my secure data and I’m happy to see that it has followed along in my own transition to W8!

• Amber says:

Thanks for the positive feedback, Henry!

• Sebastian says:

Exactly, Henry! I’ve been using LastPass since its early release and have it installed across all of my devices (including mobile). There have been times where competitive alternatives caught my eye, but only for a brief moment. At the end of day, I find myself coming back to LastPass. It’s the secure data storage manager I’ve grown to know and love.

Bruce, You have been lying to me from the moment i “noticed” You! Hope you have a wonderful new chapter to add to your novel of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Best thing you ever lost