Introducing LastPass Wallet: Backup Your Billfold, with Attachments, for Free

By May 17, 2012 Mobile 170 Comments
lastpass_wallet

We’re excited to announce the arrival of LastPass Wallet! The latest addition to our mobile suite, Wallet stores the data you carry in your physical wallet on your iOS device, so you can securely backup your most valuable personal information to LastPass. The app features beautiful notes for adding cards and IDs, with robust attachment and sync capabilities – for free!

Get Started with Notes

Wallet is built around LastPass’ secure notes feature, with templates for credit cards, passports, driver’s licenses, memberships, bank accounts, and more. Any card, piece of paper, or form of data that someone would keep on their person can be stored in Wallet. New users create an account via the app for free, then get started by adding notes:

Current LastPass users can simply login with their usual account information, and any existing secure notes will automatically sync to Wallet where they can be viewed, edited, and synced back to other locations:

Attach Anything

Audio clips, photos, and text can be saved as an attachment to any note. Use the app to record an important voice clip:

or securely store pictures from your device’s photo gallery.

Secure Your Data and Sync Everywhere

Wallet offers security settings to restrict access to stored data. “Logout on close” ensures that the active session is killed when the app is closed, while a pin code prompt can be used to re-authenticate when multitasking between Wallet and other apps.

Data added to LastPass Wallet is securely synced to all browsers, computers, and mobile devices where a user logs in to their LastPass account. Although they’ll also be synced to LastPass, attachments are not yet accessible via the browser addons or other mobile apps.

Availability

The free LastPass Wallet app is available on the App Store on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad at www.itunes.com/appstore. For more details on using the app, please see our help article.

And more!

For those new to LastPass, Wallet is an easy introduction to secure data and password management on a mobile device. Wallet makes sure that if you lose your physical wallet, you have a “digitized” version that makes it less of a hassle to start over. Wallet also provides a transition to the LastPass browser-based experience, where new users can then get started with saving and filling logins.

Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Best,
The LastPass Team

• Crucifest says:

I’m also an LP premium user. I also find LP wallet useless. You cannot add a new credit card because the drop-down menu freezes. It is useless.

We strongly recommend using the LastPass for Premium customers app, as it’s been optimized for the latest updates to iOS, including a new LastPass extension for Safari and Touch ID support in the app. We are aware of the freezing issue in Wallet and it’s been filed with the dev team.

• Dan says:

I’m a LP Premium customer and have been pretty happy with it on my Mac and iPhone, but LP Wallet freezes up on my iPhone when entering records for anything that requires a pick list menu (dates, etc.). It’s pretty much useless without a bug fix. Anything coming soon or should I just give up and delete it?

Thanks for the report, Dan, this is a bug that has been filed with the dev team and should be fixed, the update has not been released though to the store. As a Premium user, we recommend using the LastPass for Premium Customers app as it’s more robust and offers integration with Safari through the LastPass extension. Let us know if we can be of further help.

• Dan says:

Yep, after posting this I switched to a browser for data entry and the LP iPhone app for reading and minor tweaking, works great. Thanks for the quick response.

• Dan says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Still no Android version. Two years later. That’s too bad!

• Already a year have passed and still no Android version… sad. Still have no cause to buy premium.

I am new lastpass user i find it when i searche something in the google images the screen shoots up make me to try the lastpass i am very disapointment couse the software don’t look like this, in my android i like the feauters but really i am thinking to be premiun user the work to do one software is important but the look is important too
    i see all that the other users write one year ago and still waiting for the android version?

• journal.well says:

Poor Android users. Developing for Android is a drag. Besides Android users tend to be cheap and don’t spend money on premium service. That’s why even though there are zillions of Droid sets out there, since they’re mostly just given away for free, most developers postpone release until they have iOS nailed. That’s the reality. I think at Christmas they released figures showing that iOS users outspend Droid users by a huge margin.

It’s 2013…any word on when Wallet may reach android? Thanks.

• Lorne Cash says:

Umm Android… have you heard of it? It’s kind of a big deal around here.

• Mike Rennie says:

Any update on when this will be available for Android?

+1 for Android

People are irritated because for once, Android isn’t the first priority. Awww. You know they’re developing it for Android, just wait, understand what iOS users feel like much of the time.

Examples? We just got an Amazon Cloud Player app a YEAR AFTER the Android was released (at launch of the product). Same for Google Music (Google Play). Same for tons of apps, like Dolphin Browser, Dropbox… even LastPass/Xmarks, for that matter… the Android version seems to always be first and/or always have the most features and updates, while the iOS version is neglected.

So hold your horses, Hemhorroid owners. Frankly, I’m happy they released on iOS first. I’m tired of Android being treated (I suppose rightly or at least understandably so) as the golden child… of Google, naturally… but they don’t just give preference to Android– which is fine, and I understand that Android OS is theirs and they’re going to do that; it’s only business. The sad part is they neglect iOS totally or delay apps for a very loooong time. Google Drive app for iOS? Missing. Google Music app for iOS? Missing, still.

It’s like the old cliche (Ben Stein->) “Beuller? Beuller?” — “Google?” “Google?” Absent! LOL.

Anyway. No beef. Just think there should be no spiteful feelings from Android users, considering they’re usually the ones drinking from the golden cup.

Of course, that’s just my opinion… no reason to flame it.

Count me as another for Android, too

Symbian for the rest of the world should not be forgotten, please.
    Symbian has huge numbers of devices outside the US.
    Thanks

• gdi2290 says:

+1 for Android

Android please

• Stuart Moore says:

I have kept details of my wallet in Lastpass for a good while (I have the mobile app for Android). I look forward to taking advantage of this more specific UI/capability when it reaches the Android platform.

One thing that has confused me for some time (probably because I have not read enough on the forums) is how to link forms with secure notes. I have added credit (and debit and charge and loyalty) cards to forms so that I can auto populate forms conveniently but I find that I am also having to store separately the same card details in secure notes plus additional information (and for those cards that have online facilities, I have to have another entry for the corresponding login details).

The noise about the IOS version coming first is a little distracting but understandable. I hope the free route does lead to an increase in the number of people who choose to convert and take up the premium account and mobile offering. (As generally IOS users have shown a greater tendency to pay for things than Android users, it would seem prudent to start there rather than the larger Android base that spends less.) I am curious regarding the limitations with Apple you mention though. I thought you could now offer an app that starts free and provide an in-app option to subscribe to a service / more capable app.

• Stuart Moore says:

As so many others have already said, ANDROID!

As a premium customer I’d love to see an update to the Android app to include similar features and level of polish. Thanks!

• Keep up the GREAT WORK!!! Cannot save edits from the iPhone app. For now, I do the edits online until they fix the bugs.

Just downloaded and tried the app…after I created a new Generic note, I could not change the note’s name or type (in Edit mode, it would not save the changes when I clicked the Save button)…I could, however, edit the actual note body.

UPDATE to my previous post above: In iOS app…changes to Name and Group field will only save *IF* you also make a change in the Note field as well…

• Mario says:

This sounds great and I’m looking forward to it, but need an Android version first.