LastPass for Windows Phone 7 Update: Edit, Add Sites and Secure Notes

By January 23, 2012 Mobile 25 Comments

Along with improving the overall performance of the app, our latest update to LastPass for Windows Phone 7 addresses one of our most heard user requests: the ability to update and add sites and secure notes!

After logging in to the LastPass app, you’ll see an updated vault view. Although similar to previous versions with your sites listed by Groups, you’ll now see an “Edit” link next to each site entry. Tapping “Edit” allows you to view, update, or copy-paste from the site entry:

As before, tapping on a site name launches the site in the LastPass browser.

If you tap the ellipsis (three dots) from the main vault view, you’ll also notice an updated menu. “Add Secure Note” and “Add Site” are now listed as options, allowing you to add new data to your account:

The update to the Windows Phone 7 app is just the latest improvement to increase mobile functionality for LastPass users. More updates and improvements on the way!

Best,
The LastPass Team

PLEASE do something to reset the “Trial-Period” indicator on a device when there is a new version. From what I can tell, updates have been made that could make me want to purchase the new WP7 app, but now I can’t even try it because it tells me that my trial-period has expired. Can you do something about this???

• taerKitty says:

I pay for this, and do so gladly. However, I’d like to see it integrate with WP7’s IE mobile browser. The LP browser has one behaviour that I loathe – pressing the ‘back’ button even once takes me completely out of the browser app and back into the LP site chooser. I can’t go to the previous viewed page, in other words.

• Max S says:

Why do I have to click edit, then the three dots, show password, then highlight the box to copy it…

Can’t this be done with a drop-down menu when tapping on the entry?

Also, why can’t I have my Favorites right at the top??

This. It feels unnecessarily clunky right now to get a password onto the clipboard. The Android client allows getting a password onto the clipboard through a long press, and that behavior makes a lot of sense.

• Amber says:

Thanks for the feedback, guys, we’ll look at these and other improvements to the app.

“Tapping “Edit” allows you to view, update, or copy-paste from the site entry”

I can copy login or adress, but I can’t copy the most important – password. So, what’s the point?

After clicking edit, you can click the three dots, then click show password. Then you can copy your password.

• Last pass is amazing and worth a dollar a month. I am really happy to support people who create awesome products. Keep the updates comming.

• Federico says:

Thanks for the WP7 update!

I’ve already been using Lastpass *free* in Chrome for more than a year and now that I have a WP7 I am more than happy to pay ($12 p/year! peanuts :-) ) for it and support its development.