Windows Phone 7 Update

By June 9, 2011 Mobile 21 Comments
windows_7

The latest version of the LastPass app for Windows 7 has now been published!

Amongst the improvements are:

• Multiple bug fixes, such as improved support for multitasking
  • Copy + paste support, now that Microsoft has built this into the platform

As mentioned in our previous post, you can launch the app and login to your LastPass account to view a full list of your stored sites. A small menu appears at the bottom of the screen, allowing you to select “launch mode” symbolized by a lightning bolt, in which tapping a site launches it in the embedded browser, or “details mode” symbolized by lines of text, in which tapping a site allows you to view the data saved in the site entry.

The new copy-paste functionality improves the ability to use LastPass to login to other apps and transfer data to other locations. To use the new feature, simply login to your account to launch your vault. Once in “details mode” in the vault, you can tap on a site entry to bring up the “edit” view of the site. If you tap on the little bar with the ellipsis (three dots) at the bottom of the screen, you can select the “show password” option, which allows you to see the password instead of the encrypted dots. You can then double-tap on the password field, and once the text is highlighted you can select the “copy” image that appears right above.

This automatically copies the password to the clipboard. You can now navigate to another app, for example, by tapping the “Windows” button on your phone to then paste the password information to an app’s login.

We’ll continue to roll out improvements to the app and incorporate new features, such as grouping of sites.

Update your app today to check out these updates!

• App says:

Please make an option to copy the password directly. It is ridiculous to have to sit there and select it for copying. I loved LastPass on iOS, but I hate using it on WP7.

So I’m searching for a way to have websites remember me. So I don’t have enter them manually every time. I use one a lot! My work schedule! This looks like it may do this. But for $12 dollars a year? I find this annoying, being that droids do this already for free! So are we making dumber phones now?

• Unknown says:

• Robert says:

Is it possible to make the app behave more like the Dolphin integration in Android, i.e. just directly pushing the password into a login page when you visit a site in IE9 mobile? Or don’t they allow hooks into the browser (yet)?

NATO should apologize Pakistan on attacking the soldiers.Please don’t disturb the world peace in the name of peace keeping forces.The persons responsible should be taken to the task.

And would you believe I’ve just found the answer to the above question by daring to look in the ‘support’ area of the website. I guess this this does indeed mean that the question I originally asked is dumb. As for the person who would asked it…

That should be “does”, of course. Even more apologies…

Apologies for asking what may well turn out to be a dumb question, but how do the mobile version of LastPass work when Yubikey authentication is active?

• Thanks for the suggestion, we will try to get pin code into our next release.

• twilightsoul says:

I love the latest version of LP on WP7. My only concern is that there is no additional prompt if I have it save my master password (which is very difficult to enter manually), such as a PIN (like the Android version) or gesture-based password (preferred).

Thx for the info, Bob.

• The latest update attempted to make the UI more intuitive by putting the Edit links next to the site.

Browser navigation should also be improved and there were a few bugs and crashes addressed.

We will look into showing groups and will see if we can make it easier to log in elsewhere (our android add has copy notification which is quite handy).

Just received an update but dont know what it does… Any news on this update?
    Also, is there some way to stay in memory so that sites and apps can be integrated, ie, accept password prompts, without having to switch, login, copy, switch & past? Thx.
    Great app!

• Tupelo20 says:

I Agree with Lee,

What is the use of having groups when all sites are displayed as one long list.

Groups make it easier to quickly find specific entries.

• Lee Atkinson says:

Can we also have the entries displayed in their groups, rather than as a long list?

• In our next version, we will remember what mode you last were in.

I tend to agree about the buttons, but am hesitant to change because it will confuse our current users that are familiar with the app.

Appreciate the suggestions!

• Elyscape says:

It would be wonderful if the Windows Phone app remembered the mode between uses. That is, if you switch from Launch mode to View mode, it would be nice if it stayed in View mode the next time you launch the app. Also, a way to default to no password masking would be nice.

From a consistency standpoint, mode-switching buttons in other Windows Phone apps (including built-in ones) show the mode that would be set by hitting the button rather than the current mode. That is to say, if the user sees a button that says Launch, he’ll expect that pressing the button will activate Launch mode, not switch away from it.

Otherwise, things’re looking pretty good.

• Amber says:

@Anonymous: We have plans to update the iPad and iPhone apps within the next few weeks, please check back for an update when they are published to iTunes.

@Jason: We have an iPad-speific app (http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/lastpass-for-ipad-beta/ for more information) as well, but as mentioned above we will be making updates to both apps in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the feedback,

Amber

• Jason Dunn says:

I’m thrilled to see effort being put into Windows Phone, but as someone who also uses an iPad (and a LasPass premium subscriber) I’m a bit baffled to not have an iPad app to use. The iPhone version looks and works terribly on the iPad…

Any updates are great, but where’s the priority in updating Windows Phone 7 vs. The iPad app is lacking a lot of LP functionality and is in need of a good update/rethink. It’s curious to see WP7 getting updated first when iOS is the dominant and most popular mobile platform.