Windows Phone 7 Update

By December 14, 2010 Mobile 20 Comments

We have had many users ask us when the Windows Phone 7 app will be available and our response for the last month or two has been ‘any day now’.

Unfortunately, it is still not available today. As a team that prides itself on trying to be quick to deliver LastPass on the newest platforms and devices, we feel like we owe an explanation to all users who have been eagerly waiting.
As you might already know, Windows Phone 7 is nothing like the previous Windows Mobile devices. They changed everything, including the distribution model for apps. All installs must go through Microsoft (similar to Apple’s control of iPhone apps) and all apps must be first approved. This is where the major holdup has been.
LastPass hasn’t received much help during the submission process. Attempts to inquire about more details regarding app rejection were unhelpful. That makes fixing problems difficult when we are unable to reproduce on our test device. We were also told we would have to pay money to talk to an engineer about bugs we believe are their own.
But as long as we think we are making progress, we will continue to submit and push forward. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the WP7 marketplace LastPass!

• The best way to install is to search for LastPass in marketplace on your phone.

How do I install this?

• Omars —

You can. There is a toggle between launch and details mode on the vault page (button at bottom).

• omars says:

Tried the app and it works great. My only wish is that you could view the username and passwords for a site like you can with the iPhone. Same with the Secure Notes.

First let me THANK YOU for the WP7 version. I am loving the Samsung Focus and it is great to have LastPass here.

With that in mind here is some feedback on the WP7 version:

1) Should login and dycrypt automatically if I have saved my username and password. Don’t make me just hit the login button.

2) The text entry box for email addresses should be the email data profile. This has the @ sign on the keyboard.

3) I have multiple profiles saved for various sites. E.g. Amazon. I see two entries for amazone but can’t tell which is which.

4) Currently the application is crashing. I hit LastPass. See the login screen. Hit login, the app says “Logging in…” and then the phone goes back to the start menu (app list) page. (Rebooting the app has not fixed this, chaning the username and passwork as not fixed this, so I can’t get into the app anymore.)

I think the issue i was having might have been me clicking the back button more than once because the app didn’t seem to register the event, so it appeared to just exit the app from the browser page. I did notice that sometimes when it auto populates it leaves the display text that should disappear when the text is entered. Noticed it on the trapster website but didn’t cause an issue but might be for other websites. Would be nice to if the list was put in a pivot so the different categories (secure notes, etc) could be grouped better.

Hang in there, we need it!

• If you are able to identify the specific steps that you did leading up to the crash and are able to reproduce, please let us know what they are.

We can fix if we can reproduce.

the latest version works great so far, however you can crash it sometimes when clicking the application bar buttons

• The latest version can be downloaded from:

Please let us know how it goes at

Let us know where to send mail if you want any beta testing by WP7 developers.

You should document and publish attempts by Microsoft to blackmail you into paying for “support” because that is just not on.

• Todd Taylor says:

Ugh… that’s not what I wanted to hear :-( I just got my new WP7 phone today and the first app I was going to install was going to be LastPass. Oh well, I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait!

You have some MS people asking internally for some assistance. Hopefully this will help.

• Duey Finster says:

Same contempt as Apple for the success of their platform that’s way behind iOS/Android, shocking

• Ola says:

That is to bad. When i submitted my app i actually got really really good error reports and was able to fix the problems within days.

Have you tried to e-mail some “high profile” journalist or something and see if you can get in contact with someone on the WP7 team?

I know Paul Thurrot is a huge LastPass fan, maybe he can help you guys?

Microsoft forcing you to pay to talk to an engineer, O…M…G!

Exactly, there are other ways to install besides MS crappy apps process (ugh)

• mxx says:

what about in the mean time release it and allow sideloading?