New LastPass website and LastPass version 1.62.0 released

grid1

As you’ve hopefully noticed, LastPass has revamped its website, but this wasn’t just a cosmetic improvement. We’ve revamped our help section, our FAQs, and downloads page to make them more intuitive and easier to find information. It also gives us a chance to feature the awards and great comments we keep receiving.

LastPass version 1.62.0 has also been released. We’ve focused on improving Chrome and Safari support mostly, and making using a multi-factor device easier by allowing you to remember the computer you’re on to avoid being prompted for it going forward. This makes it easier to do things like require multi-factor on your laptop, but make things quicker and easier on your desktop. Remember, computer support works with LastPass Sesame, YubiKey and our newest feature: LastPass Grid.

LastPass Grid is a free multi-factor authentication solution available to any user — no hardware required, no premium LastPass membership required. LastPass Grid video

Using LastPass Grid is easy, print it off, fold it in half and put it in your wallet. Used with the “remember this computer feature”, you might only need to enter Grid coordinates a few times, but you can rest easy knowing that even if someone determined your LastPass master password, they’d still also need to have your Grid to get in. This is a big road block for anyone attempting to access your account, and really enhances the security of LastPass.

You may want to login to your mobile devices before enabling Grid (or any multi-factor) so you can take advantage of restricting mobile access too.

LastPass encourages everyone to take advantage of multi-factor authentication. With our new “remembered computer” support and now with LastPass Grid, we’re removing a lot of hassles out of using multi-factor.

I try to use this “Grid” At home I had no problem using it (latest firefox, Ubuntu) but at work (latest firefox, windows 2000) the grid complains that I didnt have the right letters in the grid and wont let me log in. I have to use one time passwords to login to the ff extension.

/sukarof

• LastPass says:

People do forget their passwords — it’s a fact of life. We have password recovery though, and a hint to help you remember it. See: https://lastpass.com/help.php?topic=recover&nw=1&fromwebsite=1

I just requested deletion of the Vault that I started only a few days ago, because I could not logon. Only saw afterwards that others have had a similar problem. Should I be brave enough to try again?

• Sorry about that, please try again.

There are plenty of javascript errors about virtual keyboard missing. Sigh. How can something like this happen? :(

What’s up with lastpass today? I can’t login, the page just remains the same, it was working fine after the last update, now all of a sudden it isn’t. Then if i click on “sign into lastpass” again, it says “loading my sites” and then refreshes back to the login page & the form boxes are blank.

• Gazbryn says:

What’s happened to Chrome Last Pass – Won’t autofill! having to copy username and copy password to paste in login info!!!!!!!!!!!!
    only since last interface change!!!!!!!!

• The unique identifier is stored in an external file and is sent over an HTTPS connection, so they would likely need complete control over your PC.

• Yuliy says:

The Grid is a neat idea. One questions though: if I have “trusted” some computers and they no longer require two-factor authentication, how difficult is it for an attacker to lift the computer identity (a cookie?) from my trusted machine and use it on his own?

• MikeZ says:

Ok, my bad. I had some more sites saved with the same url and it made this mess. I deleted all sites but this proper one and it started working.

• MikeZ says:

Thx. I’m afraid that it didn’t help. I cleared all browser data and Lastpass menu appeared. I did what you wrote and for the first time it filled data but I logged out and next try failed. I think that lastpass is still not completely compatible with google chrome browser.

• MikeZ says:

This is great app but it looks like it doesn’t work with http://www.orange.pl I use chrome and when this side is loaded lastpass menu doesn’t work. Moreover if I load page using Lastpass vault it doesn’t fill the gaps with user name and password.
    Any solution?

I chose to switch to Safari when Lastpass finally had support for it. Now I’m waiting for support for Chrome, so I can switch again. Please make it happen

• David W. says:

Hello All,
    I sure like the redesigned webpage, looks a LOT more twenty first century. I see they made improvements on both the chrome and safari browsers, now maybe there’s hope they will ‘fix’ the internet explorer toolbar ‘bug’.
    Thanks,
    David

Yea i like the idea of the text to the phone number

• Not everyone has a mobile phone (including myself!), but I really like that idea. Will add it to our list so we do not forget it.

they should make it so it sends a text message to a given number.

So I have to remember 2 passwords (one from lastpass and one from my email account). Well, that’s not too bad.

• If you lose your grid, there is a link at the bottom of the grid dialog after authenticating that will allow you to disable grid authentication. We send an email to your LastPass email address with a link that is only valid for a short time to disable.

What happens if I lose my grid and I haven’t trusted any PC, i.e, I’m not logged in any computer at all. Thanks.

• You can go directly to it at https://lastpass.com/otp.php after logging in. We realize there are no direct links to it after logging in any more, which we’ll rectify soon.

I like the new design, too!

However, where can I find the one-time pass generator? There’s no “get started” button aymore…

Thanks!
    Filip

Very Nice Fella’s!!!

• We did this intentionally, to receive the benefit of reduced overhead and increased performance by using HTTP for most of our site, while still requiring HTTPS for our login pages. We’ll certainly revisit this situation in the future if necessary.

New website looks great, however i think you should bring back the login box, i don’t like to have to click on “sign in” to get in.

I just got an account and started using Lastpass a couple of days ago. What I couldnt understand was why you had such an outdated webdesign, and volia…