We applaud efforts to raise awareness on good password hygiene, and we are passionate about more widespread adoption of password managers. That's why we're committed to making LastPass accessible regardless of the browser, computer operating system, and mobile device that you choose to use. Universal sync and a platform-agnostic approach have been top priorities in the development of our service. Our mission to advance password security has led us to become a best practice in encryption methodology as well as offering a free program accessible for all.
Questions to Consider
Choosing a password manager, or deciding to replace your password manager with a new solution, should be a multi-step process in which you understand what your needs are as a user:
- What types of devices do I own?
- What types of devices am I likely to own in the next few years?
- Would I want to try a new phone or browser?
- How much and what type of data do I have?
- What encryption technology does the service employ?
- What added security options are available with the service?
- How accessible is my data in a range of scenarios?
Advantages of LastPass
We strive to offer a feature-rich product that goes everywhere you need it to, at an accessible price-point, and with encryption technology that stays ahead of the game.
With LastPass, you are not restricted to one browser, one platform, or one mobile device - secure universal sync is built into the free product, with support for Mac, Windows, and Linux, and all major browsers. For $12 per year, you can also have access to your data on any of the 7 mobile platforms we support so far.
LastPass is set apart by offering:
- Universal sync to all browsers and platforms built into the product
- Saving and autofilling of your usernames, passwords, and online forms that saves you time logging in and checking out
- PBKDF2 on top of our AES-256 bit encryption and one-way salted hashes ensure your data is secure
- Multifactor authentication support - with more choices than any other service
- Secure sharing of usernames and passwords
- Notes with attachment capabilities, so you can secure and backup your most important data
- Free credit monitoring alerts help you better protect your identity
- Breach alerts tell you when the sites and services you use have been compromised, so you can update your password for those accounts immediately
- Weak and duplicate password alerts help you generate unique, strong passwords
- Team-based features with LastPass Enterprise, including a comprehensive administrative console with built-in options to encourage good password practices among employees