If you're already set up with a few Form Fill profiles, here are 4 ways to revamp Form Fill for better use this year:
1. Remove credit card information stored in online accounts. As the recent incident with Zappos shows, it's important for the end user to be as cautious as possible with online shopping. Many sites allow you to store credit cards in your account to facilitate easy checkout. With LastPass Form Fill, though, there's no more need to store them with the site, since it's easy to autofill the next time you check out. If you frequent sites like Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other retailers, consider updating your site's account settings to not store your credit card information, and rely on Form Fill to insert your data when you need it.
2. Check for expired or outdated Credit Cards. Recently replaced a card? Make sure the new changes are reflected in your profiles.
3. Update profiles with any address changes. If you've moved recently, take a moment to review your profiles to ensure you have the most up-to-date information for your addresses and credit cards.
4. Set a "Default Profile" and use a hotkey to autofill. If you have several profiles but use one more often than the others, consider checking the "default form fill profile" option in the Preferences menu of the LastPass browser icon. You can then set the hotkey for the default profile in the Hotkeys section of the Preferences menu (such as Ctrl + Alt + T). Next time you need to autofill your default form fill profile, you can simply enter your hotkey.
As a quick recap if you're less familiar with the Form Fill feature, you can follow these brief steps to set up a Form Fill Profile and get started with autofilling online shopping and registration forms:
- Go to your LastPass Icon, and from the Fill Forms menu select "Add Profile"
- Give the new profile a memorable name, especially if you have profiles for more than one person, credit card, or address
- Enter your contact information or credit card data to the profile, and save
- Start shopping! The next time you're on a checkout or registration page, LastPass will prompt you to autofill with your Form Fill profiles
The LastPass Team
Have a LastPass tip of your own? Or a feature or question you'd like us to cover? We'd love to hear your thoughts at email@example.com.